Company & News
Tremend was appointed as the Technical Partner in the consortium charged with delivering the new Online Linguistic Support (OLS) Platform for Erasmus. The winning consortium is led by the European Service Network (ESN), and also comprises Tremend Benelux SA and Berlitz. The contract duration includes 48 months and has an estimated value of approximately 4,4 Million Euros.
The OLS platform aims to promote language learning and linguistic diversity in Europe, assisting Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps mobility participants by improving their knowledge of the language they will use when working, studying, or volunteering in the European space. The portal will include more engaging and inspiring materials, delivering more attractive, relevant, and value-added language learning opportunities.
The main goals of this project are:
- Open video production: Creating an extended video digital library in all 29 languages of the Programme countries, focusing on language and culture, encouraging all European citizens and Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps participants to gain or improve foreign language skills.
- Community management: Developing and managing a broad community that incorporates all 29 official Programme countries’ languages. The effort will be led by a team of 20 moderators and community managers, who will facilitate exchanges, supervise and prevent breaches of the Terms and Conditions.
- Communication and promotion: production of campaign messages and visuals, following given
- branding guidelines.
- Other added-value services: training programs for community managers, media channels balance, etc.
The OLS platform will allow participants in the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programs to assess their language knowledge and follow interactive language courses at their own pace. It will also offer a number of opportunities for collaborative and peer-to-peer learning, such as:
- Live coaching on a variety of topics for small groups of learners (tutoring sessions) or for broader groups (MOOCs)
- A moderated forum to chat with other users, practice their writing skills, or ask questions
The OLS language assessments will be available in the 24 official languages of the European Union. Language courses are available in 22 languages at a range of different levels. OLS will be used by:
- Higher Education students going on mobility for studies (3-12 months)
- Traineeships (2-12 months) between Programme Countries17
- Young volunteers undertaking an Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps
- Volunteering activity (2-12 months)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) learners participating in mobility
Tremend is a global software engineering company with over 16 years of experience in tackling a wide range of complex projects in industries such as banking, retail, eCommerce, and the public sector. As a key technology partner of the European Commission, Tremend is involved in numerous projects such as Epale, HumanoID, Graphomaly, Beacon, and DG Connect. Over the years, the company has been featured among the fastest-growing tech companies rankings by Deloitte Technology Fast 50 CE, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA, and FT 1000. In 2022, Tremend joined Publicis Sapient, a global leader in digital business transformation from consulting to execution, part of the Publicis Group.