Digital Transformation & Insights
Cloud has managed to revolutionize the way companies approach their technology needs, enabling small organizations to gain unrestricted access to resources and applications that have been previously only available to large enterprises. Cloud has managed to do something extraordinary, which is to level the playing field and offer amazing opportunities to companies of all sizes and shapes to get ahead of their competition.
Across the entire business spectrum, the cloud has created countless cost-efficiencies for businesses and has enabled them to leap forward years in their development. Additionally, it has offered them a number of cloud scalability perks, allowing them to reduce maintenance costs and speed up internal processes. As such, one of the most sought-after cloud-based platforms is Amazon’s AWS.
Know that just because a company has chosen AWS as their main cloud service does not mean they automatically know how to make the most out of it. This is where an AWS partner comes into play, aiding companies to up their game and leverage the full potential of this tool from Amazon.
Since AWS’s partners are so important to the ecosystem Amazon has created, many technology providers and software companies become suppliers. Today, there are literally many hundreds of AWS integration partners to choose from, so you need to be aware of how to choose the right company to work with.
Below, we want to give you some insights on how to make the right choice in this regard.
Types of AWS Partners
The AWS partner network is a global business directory with a vast number of consulting organizations that have a strong knowledge of the AWS ecosystem. Their goal is entirely to help companies in building highly successful cloud-based solutions.
There are two types of AWS partners: consulting and technology providers. While consulting partners can help customers design, architect, migrate or build new applications on AWS, technology partners provide custom-based solutions that can help you succeed in your endeavors.
How to Choose Your Next AWS Partner
Most enterprises migrating toward the cloud are wondering if it’s best to search for an AWS partner instead of trying to solve all migration issues on their own. If you’re reading this, then you should know without a shadow of a doubt that it’s much better to count on a professional to do the hard work in your stead. The reason for this is that AWS partners have vast experience on the platform, showing bar-raising technical capabilities and a commitment to customer experience. With an AWS expert by your side, you can fuel innovation and make the most of the infrastructure Amazon has in place, while avoiding all the pitfalls of AWS integration.
Here’s what you should pay close attention to when choosing your AWS Partner:
- Areas of expertise: whatever your needs, it’s crucial to find a partner that has experience in that area. For instance, you might need a technical partner to migrate large parts of your infrastructure to the AWS cloud, or you might want to break a monolithic into microservices. Since each one of these projects has its own level of complexity, you want to make sure that your partner is knowledgeable.
- Cloud focus: a proper AWS partner needs not to simply say they are experienced in this area, but should also prove it by having a strong focus on cloud development and on the specific technologies and techniques for cloud implementation optimization.
- Compliance experience: on AWS you’ll find potential partners who offer targeted services to regulated industries, such as banking or healthcare. On the platform, you’ll be able to quickly narrow down your search in order to choose a partner that complies with your specific needs. For instance, an AWS expert with healthcare compliance expertise will be more than able to ensure your business is compliant with HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Or, an AWS partner with banking industry expertise will make sure your business is in accordance with the PSD2 standard of open banking compliance.
- Experience: truth be told, it’s pretty hard to find a partner with significant years of AWS experience under their belts. However, what’s truly important here is to look at the depth of their experience. For instance, while a large systems integrator might be able to boast more years of experience, a smaller organization may have a few consultants with extensive experience migrating services, building applications, or designing the infrastructure for the cloud, simply because this has been an area of focus for them.
- A number of accredited individuals: last but not least, you want to ensure that you’re working with a company with several accredited individuals. For example, at Tremend, we’re proud to have a team of five people with extensive experience in AWS integration. We have several team members, including certified cloud practitioners, solution architects, certified developers, DevOps engineers, and SysOps administrators.
Tremend has extensive experience in AWS integration, working on a number of projects for clients in niches such as healthcare, financial, retail, and public sector. One significant project we’ve been involved in is the creation of the European Digital Portal for the launch of the Conference on the Future of Europe.
If you want to work with a professional AWS partner, we are here for you. Contact us at email@example.com and let’s begin your journey towards cloud infrastructure optimization.