We can say that embedded systems and high-quality development processes are part of Tremend’s DNA. When our company started over 15 years ago, embedded software projects were the main drivers of our emerging business, especially in the automotive industry. Our team gained high expertise in this area, delivering projects from low-level drivers, BSPs, the firmware on ECUs up to high-end automotive infotainment applications, and autonomous driving systems.
In the previous years, the automotive experts in our department have shifted their focus on the ISO 26262 standard, which defines requirements to be met by the safety-relevant function of the system and processes, methods, and tools used within the development process.
Functional safety engineering services and your benefits
Our Automotive department offers consulting services to perform functional safety assessments to ensure that our customer’s safety-critical system and software achieve and maintain the required Safety Integrity Levels (SILs) through all the development lifecycle stages.
Tremend’s expertise in developing and guiding functional safety systems means we can deliver on both sides of the V-model.
While using our services for building functional and safe systems, you’ll get:
- Professional support for all the activities involved in the Safety Lifecycle: analysis, implementation, and operation.
- Compliance with international standards IEC61511 and IEC61508.
- In-depth knowledge of safety instrumented systems and functional safety management.
Relevant experience with safety-critical components
- Classical AUTOSAR Basic SW Layer: An entire dedicated team provided by Tremend is responsible for delivering the AUTOSAR MCAL driver stack for a semiconductor company, a world leader in secure connectivity solutions for automotive and embedded applications. Our software engineers have advised, helped to architect, and developed products in the automotive space, dealing with:
- functional safety-aware SW architecture for automotive HMI applications;
- consultancy for implementing automotive-specific development processes;
- pre- and post-silicon firmware validation for safety-critical and power-restricted components;
- low-level firmware and driver development for AUTOSAR MCAL.
- Highly automated driving: Tremend has implemented certified functional safety procedures and standards in developing code libraries for a leading OEM’s automated driving software project. The software implementation follows a certified development and testing process, using leading-edge MISRA C++, Adaptive AUTOSAR C++14, and C++17 features. Our dedicated safety engineers ensured functional safety expertise and agile methods, supported by an automated continuous integration process with static analysis and high MC/DC coverage testing. All of these were incorporated into a V-cycle development model. The goal we proposed was to achieve ISO 26262 ASIL-D level functional safety software libraries that meet HAD and FAD requirements.
Why choose Tremend as your Functional Safety consultant?
Tremend has been a trusted partner for top Automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers for state-of-the-art ISO26262 certification and qualification processes, engineering, and software development, always offering consultancy when new challenges and requirements for functional safety technology arose.
Our specialists offer diverse expertise in the functional safety niche, from product design and safety chain management to performance & safety assessments and ASIL-D compliant software development. All of these services are covered by a team of business analysts, safety managers, FuSa architects, and safety experts as software developers. Our teams can seamlessly integrate into customer structures and provide technical expertise while following customer-specific procedures, methodology, and tools.
- Our software engineers follow our clients’ developing procedures and standards: CMMI level 3, ASPICE, ISO 26262.
- We support our partners in their efforts for certification acquisition by adhering to all requirements and practices stipulated by the certification process.
- Experience with projects targeting ASIL-D classification, for which our team covers safety engineering, project management as well as software development.
- Our software runs in 5 car manufacturers, 3 aftermarket equipment manufacturers, and 5 Tier1 suppliers.
Contact us now to start your journey towards a winning automotive project.