Partners with Wind River since 2009, Tremend has been involved in large projects in automotive. Infotainment, telematics, functional safety, and autonomous driving.
Wind River is a world leader in embedded software. Wind River’s range of products is used in automotive systems such as connected in-vehicle infotainment, digital cluster displays, telematics, and autonomous cars; industrial and transportation systems; military systems; telecommunication infrastructure equipment, and traffic signals, aircraft and aerospace systems including NASA Mars rovers, and more.
Wind River faced challenges by not being able to scale up its professional services engineering team. Extending the team was not an easy task since it required highly specialized skills in areas such as automotive security, ISO26262 safety certification, autonomous driving, Linux kernel optimization, Android Auto, or Apple CarPlay.
Solution delivered by Tremend
Tremend was able to meet the demand for a highly skilled engineering team by engaging the right mix of specialists in embedded software development to build such complex solutions.
Some of the highlights of the partnership:
- Working on the next-generation automotive infotainment platform for Intel processors.
- Delivering autonomous driving platform code ready for ASIL-D – the highest automotive safety certification.
- First Apple CarPlay implementation running on a production-ready automotive head unit.
- Pioneering the usage of open source and web technologies like Apache Cordova and Angular.js in navigation and infotainment systems.
- Safety qualification of the Diab compiler for the VxWorks real-time operating system, used by the aerospace and automotive industry.
- Developing an Android-based operating system installed in infotainment units for one of the most popular car brands in the United States.
- Dramatically improving boot times and optimizing factory processes for flashing the software on Linux and Android car systems.
Wind River was able to deliver successfully many projects in this collaboration that continuously grew in time. Tremend’s engineering team is highly praised for its skills and performances and is a critical partner to WindRiver.
See more success stories
Tremend partnered with Regina Maria to design two easy-to-use mobile apps that would be utilized by hundreds of thousands of patients from all across Romania.
The biggest retailer in Europe launched its Romanian unique portal which brought together all existing online projects, as well as a new marketplace system.
Tremend partnered up with the Boys and Girls Clubs from America Organization to redevelop two platforms - MyFuture for Members and MyFuture for Club Leaders and Staff.
Get in touch
We are always happy to talk
165 Splaiul Unirii, Timpuri Noi Square,
TN Office 2 building, 4th floor,
District 3, Bucharest, Romania, 030134