Apply to Scala Lead
* - indicates a required field
Location Romania, Hybrid
Tremend is looking for Scala Lead to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You’ll use your problem-solving creativity to figure out our client’s most complex and challenging problems across different industries. We are on a mission to transform the world, and you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it with your ideas, thoughts, and solutions.
Our team is positioned well to disrupt the lean enterprise and prove that modern technologies and methodologies are feasible even for large organizations, while developing a solution that will sit at the core of payments processing in a multitude of countries, and we are looking for like-minded professionals who would take pride in such achievements.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to define the architecture and develop software for a revenue management program
- Develop and maintain software using Scala
- Develop and maintain SQL queries and procs using techniques that handle high-volume data
- Assist the development team on their journey of a cloud application, in high volume, real-time, multithreaded environments
- Optimize software performance and ensure software quality in distributed systems
- Participate in code reviews and ensure compliance with software development standards
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with software applications and services
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in high-performance computing (HPC) and software industries.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of Scala and Spark
- Strong foundation knowledge and ability to adapt to new technologies and paradigms that are often found in development
- Experience working with the JVM
- Experience building high throughput, low latency, real-time, scalable & resilient systems
- Experience with AWS, Kafka a big plus
- Experience working within Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment processes
- Understanding the benefits of testing & discipline toward these practices
- Good communication skills, awareness of emotional intelligence factors, and excellent ability to speak & write in English.
Benefits of Working Here:
Besides an exciting job in a tremendous team, here's what you can expect:
- A fast-paced tech environment
- Continuous growth & learning
- Open feedback culture
- Room for own initiative & ideas
- Transparency about results & strategy
- Recognition & reward for hard work
- Working with a flexible schedule
- Medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Extra vacation days - starting with 25 vacation days
- Many others perks
Tremend is the newest global software engineering hub for Publicis Sapient. For over 17 years, the company has been infusing its advanced technical expertise into complex and innovative solutions that meet today's digital transformation needs and pave the way for a better and smarter future. By joining forces with Publicis Sapient we're accelerating the impact, providing a good mix of talented engineers, technology, continuous improvement, innovation, and R&D. Here, you'll have the opportunity to unleash your potential, powering up advanced software solutions for some of the world's most iconic brands. Embrace your passion for technology, creativity, and continuous improvement, and join us in making a difference through engineering.