Director Of Engineering
Apply to Director Of Engineering
* - indicates a required field
Director Of Engineering
Location Romania, Remote
Tremend is looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You’ll use your problem-solving creativity to figure out our client’s most complex and challenging problems across different industries. We are on a mission to transform the world, and you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it with your ideas, thoughts, and solutions.
The Director of Engineering is a software engineering expert with an agile mindset who is accountable for high-quality delivery of the software across all phases of the SDLC. They possess deep understanding and experience of driving enterprise-level modern architecture, robust software engineering practices and cloud adoption. They also collaborate with senior clients across technology and business domains and wider Publicis Sapient delivery and consulting teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Deliver clients’ business outcomes and help define future/evolutionary architecture (e.g. distributed enterprise-scale cloud-native solutions & products), transition states, technology choices and operating model
- Help to drive enterprise-scale engineering transformation to enable accelerated growth initiatives and best-in-class customer experiences
- Re-architect client monoliths into highly robust, scalable microservices-based digital platforms
- Contribute towards building best in class engineering practices & initiatives, mentor and inspire a diverse and highly motivated engineering talent
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- As Director of Engineering you will relish the role of technical expert across software development and DevOps, bringing with you high engineering standards, leadership and motivational skills.
- Extensive experience in defining end-to-end enterprise architecture
- Experience in leading large-scale, complex, and distributed applications development of Cloud-native solutions (at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of software design/architectural concepts like Event-driven Architecture, Microservices, Domain-driven design, SOLID, DRY, SoC, etc.
- Software development background of large-scale distributed systems with exposure to multiple languages (like Java, C#, Go, Scala, Python etc.)
- Hands-on experience with frameworks like Spring Boot, Node.js
- Experience with/exposure to frontend technology frameworks like React, Angular etc
- Containers and building container-based platforms using Docker, GKE, AKS etc.
- DevOps/automation experience (CI, CD, Observability, Aggregated Logging & Engineering Metrics)
- Quality Engineering (e.g., Test Pyramid, Automated Testing etc.)
- Non-functional testing (e.g., performance, accessibility, multilingual, multi-device etc.)
People, Consulting and Delivery profile:
- People Management – You will have proven experience of leading distributed teams of 50+ engineers and be responsible for their growth, learning and mentorship
- Consulting experience and Communication skills – You will be experienced in managing senior stakeholders on the client side and responsible for building client advocates. You will also be experienced in running workshops with clients in a collaborative manner and achieving outcomes
- Agile Delivery experience – You will be experienced in agile-based delivery across the entire SDLC and have good hands-on experience in managing the agile ceremonies and practices
- Working with unknowns – You’ll have the ability to navigate the unknown and lead from the front in helping structure work and drive solution options and estimations at different RFP stages
- Be prepared to travel and temporarily relocate based on business needs and project requirements.
- Delivering Business Outcomes – You will be experienced in delivering end-to-end outcomes for clients starting from ideation to value realization
Benefits of Working Here:
Besides an exciting job in a tremendous team, here's what you can expect:
- A fast-paced tech environment
- Continuous growth & learning
- Open feedback culture
- Room for own initiative & ideas
- Transparency about results & strategy
- Recognition & reward for hard work
- Working with a flexible schedule
- Medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Extra vacation days - starting with 25 vacation days
- Many others perks
Tremend is the newest global software engineering hub for Publicis Sapient. For over 17 years, the company has been infusing its advanced technical expertise into complex and innovative solutions that meet today's digital transformation needs and pave the way for a better and smarter future. By joining forces with Publicis Sapient we're accelerating the impact, providing a good mix of talented engineers, technology, continuous improvement, innovation, and R&D. Here, you'll have the opportunity to unleash your potential, powering up advanced software solutions for some of the world's most iconic brands. Embrace your passion for technology, creativity, and continuous improvement, and join us in making a difference through engineering.