Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Apply to Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
* - indicates a required field
Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Tremend is looking for a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You’ll use your problem-solving creativity to figure out our client’s most complex and challenging problems across different industries. You will play an important role in the design and development of the public cloud platform foundation and control plane that covers provisioning, telemetry, networking, and integration into the organization wide services. You will bring your experience to a talented group to further evolve the technical capabilities of our organization, drive improvements across our SDLC, and unlock new cloud capabilities for our clients. We are on a mission to transform the world, and you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it with your ideas, thoughts, and solutions.
- Scope, design, build and operate multi-cloud services that multiple engineering teams can use within their products to help them deliver value faster, safer, and more reliably.
- Develop, test, and deliver Infrastructure as code for a variety of Public Cloud compute services and Container platforms leveraging native services.
- Support architects to make design choices that will scale and be easy to operate within Cloud services and provide guidance on security/performance/operational constraints.
- Research and leverage modern technologies to meet product requirements, compliance, and controls.
- Build and operate observability platforms to support logging, monitoring, alerting, and telemetry services to ensure reliable operation of the platform and systems consuming the platform.
- Embed DevSecOps practices ensuring quality and compliance for the infrastructure code.
Your Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in Cloud Infrastructure Engineering/platform engineer role, deploying and maintaining multi-cloud foundation services (aka Landing zone) and/or container orchestrator platforms
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms, languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet project requirements
- Experience with the core foundational services of cloud providers (e.g. AWS) such IAM, S3, VPC, Compute, Storage, DNS and VPN, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure provisioning using infrastructure as code (IAC) tools such as Terraform, and CloudFormation and adapting secure code practices and guidelines.
- Experience in setting up and managing container platforms such as Kubernetes (AKS, EKS, GKE) or OpenShift providing container capability to various engineering teams.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with continuous deployment tools such as Harness, Spinnaker, and argoCD as well as experience with various deployment strategies such as canary, blue-green, etc.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for the underlying cloud infrastructure platform and/or the landing zone services.
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Experience in at least one programming language such as Python or Go - follow best practice principles around clean code, and understand the impact of security and scale
- Experience in observability platforms such Elastic, New Relic and AppDynamics, etc.
- Understanding of common workflows such as Git Workflow, etc.
- Experience with integrating infrastructure test and compliance tools in the automation pipelines
- Experience in adapting or contributing to open-source projects such as Istio, Envoy
- Understanding of cloud migration approaches (6 R framework) and experience in migrating the workloads to public cloud
Benefits of Working Here:
Besides an exciting job in a tremendous team, here's what you can expect:
- A fast-paced tech environment
- Continuous growth & learning
- Open feedback culture
- Room for own initiative & ideas
- Transparency about results & strategy
- Recognition & reward for hard work
- Working with a flexible schedule
- Medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Extra vacation days - starting with 25 vacation days
- Many others perks
Tremend is the newest global software engineering hub for Publicis Sapient. For over 17 years, the company has been infusing its advanced technical expertise into complex and innovative solutions that meet today's digital transformation needs and pave the way for a better and smarter future. By joining forces with Publicis Sapient we're accelerating the impact, providing a good mix of talented engineers, technology, continuous improvement, innovation, and R&D. Here, you'll have the opportunity to unleash your potential, powering up advanced software solutions for some of the world's most iconic brands. Embrace your passion for technology, creativity, and continuous improvement, and join us in making a difference through engineering.
Proud to be recognized as Top Employer in 2023 by UndeLucram.ro